Competition Light-Wind Slalom
Light wind slalom is ultra competitive and small differences in equipment can make big gains on the race course.
The Invictus 144 is the next level design style and a radical departure from the previous technical mind set for this size of board.
It is not easy to improve a world cup event winning design but this new light wind machine is simply fantastic. Fast, easy and with increased rail pressure, resulting in the ability to use smaller fins, thus reducing the drag even further; the r&d result was clear.
• All-new compact shape for increased control overpowered, earlier planing, better glide and increased acceleration away from the gybes.
• Refined all-new scoop-rocker line for easier handling, explosive acceleration and top-speed in both flat water and choppy conditions.
• Deep deck concave – Increases downforce and nose trim stability at high speed and lift/fin drive at low speed.
• Inverse Vee bottom shape – Generous vee and double concave configuration in the nose to clear the chop and create a smooth ride, transitioning to inverted vee in the tail for increased grip and power in the lower wind range and better control and stable trim when powered.
• ‘V3 Vector Cuts’ – All-new adjustable straight line cutout design that facilitates clean and effortless water release. Removable plates – The next level in terms of performance and range.
• RTS – Range Trim System – 100% carbon/high-density pvc core removable cutout plates – Significantly increases the range by 20% of all slalom and speed models – Plates in results in ultra early planing and increased control of the nose trim in overpowered conditions – Plates out and feel the instant burst of acceleration and top speed in the normal wind ranges.
• Deep Tuttle Strong Box – Double the carbon content, double the wall strength and stiffness, and built with a 100% high-density PVC sandwich body. The result – fins stay tight and the box holds the direct feeling performance even after prolonged use.
Power through the 7-knot lulls with extra glisse and ease, whilst simultaneously being able to handle 20-knots of wind with stability and control, this all new design has it all. Whether sailing on mirror flat water or in the mountainous chop of the North Sea, the Invictus 144 will stay predictable and stable under your feet.
Time to show your friends who’s the boss!
◄ Swipe ►
|INVICTUS 74||INVICTUS 94||INVICTUS 114||INVICTUS 144||HYPERION 184|
|Technology||Pro Elite Carbon||Pro Elite Carbon||Pro Elite Carbon||Pro Elite Carbon||Pro Elite Carbon|
|Length||229 cm||233 cm||233 cm||226 cm||220 cm|
|Width||52 cm||63 cm||72 cm||85 cm||91 cm|
|Volume||74 L||94 L||114 L||144 L||184 L|
|Bottom Shape||DC Reverse Vee||DC Reverse Vee||DC Vee to Inverse Vee||DC Vee to Inverse Vee||DC Reverse Vee|
|Fin||Not supplied||Not supplied||Not supplied||Not supplied||Not supplied|
|Finbox||Short Tuttle||Short Tuttle||Short Tuttle||Deep Tuttle||Foil Deep Tuttle|
|Fin Range||23-29 cm||30-34 cm||36-40 cm||42-48 cm||All Foil Settings|
|Sail Range||4.7 – 7.0 m2||5.5 – 7.0 m2||7.0 – 8.6 m2||7.8 – 9.6 m2||7.8 – 10 m2|
|Weight||TBA||5.9 kg||6.6 kg||7.6 kg||8.8 kg|
• Weight tolerance is +/- 6%
• Hull weight does not include adjustable cutout plates
• Hull weight includes 12 extra single footstrap plugs (8 for straps, 4 for cutouts). This adds 100g so keep this in mind when comparing weights.